• Register Today It's free!

1/24th scale model

scarpi

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix AZ.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT 4wd
I don't know where else to post this in the forum, but I am trying to find a 1/24 scale plastic model of the 2011- 2015 body style Explorer. I am unable to find one. I would love to build one to look like my Explorer. I did that for my Mustang but can not find any models of the 2011-2015 Explorer. Does anyone know if any are available and where I might buy one? I know it's not like a Mustang where there is a lot of interest in it, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen any. Thanks all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WoW! Another plastic model builder! Been building models since 1965 myself! I have been keeping an eye out for one as well! I am well ingrained in the hobby and known nationally as a model car builder and I am closely watching to see if and when one gets released! If I hear anything I will let the forum know ASAP!

Thanks. Well I'm not an actual model builder of cars like you are but I would like to build one and make it look like my Explorer. I did make a nice 1/24th scale model of my Mustang and painted it to look pretty close to the color of my car. I thought it would be fun to do that for my Explorer. I don't think there are any kits though because the Explorer isn't really a "collector car" and is pretty much common. But like you said, if you find one let us know about it.

What I have done in this situation is get the small Hot wheels type diecast and repaint it to match your vehicle.

Did the same with 1/64th die cast. Found a blue one and repainted it silver to match our 2013 XLT. Also did same for last 4 vehicles we previously owned. Always wondered if others did this.

crrobbins

Back