12 inch information display/gauge cluster | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

12 inch information display/gauge cluster

Thanks Peter, Yes I picked up my 2020 ST yesterday. The 20 MPH over only works when you have cruise on. The flashing is a pain in the #@$&.
Lee

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

See "Using Traffic Sign Recognition - Setting the System Speed Warning," page 263 and 264 in the manual.

Thanks, Will3
I don't want to turn off the speed sign. I want it not to flash when I am not using the CC. I think you can set it for 5 MPH. tolerance 20 MPH + or - tolerance for the intelligent CC. The intelligent CC works very well. The &#$@ speed sign FLASHES when not using CC. Also on my 2018 Mustang I can see what gear I am in all the time not just in manual mode. I don't know if this is possible on the ST. Anyone know if it can be and if so how?
Lee

Thanks, Will3
I don't want to turn off the speed sign. I want it not to flash when I am not using the CC. I think you can set it for 5 MPH. tolerance 20 MPH + or - tolerance for the intelligent CC. The intelligent CC works very well. The &#$@ speed sign FLASHES when not using CC. Also on my 2018 Mustang I can see what gear I am in all the time not just in manual mode. I don't know if this is possible on the ST. Anyone know if it can be and if so how?
Lee

You don't have to turn it off. There is a tolerance you can set. I just looked at mine. I have mine turned off, but when I turned it on, a tolerance option then appears (5 mph max). It's in the driver assistance sub menu. If you're in the habit of driving more than 5 over, you're stuck watching the flashing speed sign. :dunno:

I too have a 2018 Mustang with the digital dashboard, and no, the ST dashboard only shows the gear you're in when you're in manual mode. It would have been nice to see the current gear instead of "D" when cruising down the road.

Thanks!
yes out in the middle of Kansas I do drive 5+ all the time.
Lee

Hello everyone. Just picked up my ST yesterday and and love it. Coming from a Tahoe, there is no comparison on the technology and ride. I do have an issue with the digital gauge cluster. In normal mode, my speedometer is offset all the way to the left. Even if I use the "calm mode" which is supposed to only display the speedo in the center, mine is still way off to the left side. Any way to fix this? I noticed down in the center is a picture of a road (I tried turning the cruise on and off and that changes nothing). Any help would be appreciated ! Please see attached picture:
Thanks!

View attachment 172865
Thanks for asking this. I was just coming to the forum to ask the same thing. I searched the owner manual and couldn't find anything about the position of the speedometer. Thanks again!

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to change display to sport mode color without enabling sport mode ?

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to change display to sport mode color without enabling sport mode ?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I don't have a 2020 but I'm guessing that the display colour is tied directly to the 'mode' that has been selected. You would likely have to go into the program software to change that. I don't know if it can be done using FORScan or not.

Peter

I just drove 520 miles in my ST. I love the intelligent cruise control. I set it for 7 MPH over the posted speed limit. You can drive miles and miles and never touch the brake or throttle. The lane centering only needs a tug every now and then so it knows you have your hands on the wheel. If you have a vehicle in front at a stop sign, you only need to hit resume and the Explorer does the rest.
Lee

I just drove 520 miles in my ST. I love the intelligent cruise control. I set it for 7 MPH over the posted speed limit. You can drive miles and miles and never touch the brake or throttle. The lane centering only needs a tug every now and then so it knows you have your hands on the wheel. If you have a vehicle in front at a stop sign, you only need to hit resume and the Explorer does the rest.
Lee

I have learned you dont even need to tug. All it needs is the slightest of pressure on the wheel turning it. I push down on on of the insert holes so extremely slight that the car doesnt even veer. It is enough to sense something is on it because it felt resistance.

I have learned you dont even need to tug. All it needs is the slightest of pressure on the wheel turning it. I push down on on of the insert holes so extremely slight that the car doesnt even veer. It is enough to sense something is on it because it felt resistance.

Maybe the Russians can help us mod this so that we don't need to touch the steering wheel every 12 or so seconds so that we just let the car drive itself in the lane. It was actually pretty cool, I never experienced steering wheel turn by itself. 1st time I experienced that.

It stays very precisely in the middle of the lanes which is pretty awesome.

Maybe the Russians can help us mod this so that we don't need to touch the steering wheel every 12 or so seconds so that we just let the car drive itself in the lane. It was actually pretty cool, I never experienced steering wheel turn by itself. 1st time I experienced that.

It stays very precisely in the middle of the lanes which is pretty awesome.

It does freak out when you have lines in the highway splitting off (like exits) and merges.. it doesnt know which lines to follow.

I've also used it on back roads and it cant keep up with letter S style roads. When you turn right to left to right, it is not fast enough to respond. I've had to grab it a few times where the left to right would result in me being in the middle of the road turn ing right into the oncoming lane.

Overall it works pretty darn well, just have to be alert to the road conditions.

I have not had a chance to try active park assist 2. Have any of you?
Lee

Lee

Active park assist is awesome. I pressed a button and the car parks itself.

Lee
I actually use it to parallel park every time and it works like a charm.

For perpendicular parking it will work, but it’s much more nerve wrecking jerky and just takes way too long.

only thing useful in the 12” portrait monitor with tiny 3” images is......my ipad attaches to it and with the ATT wireless connection, i can get 5x the pertinent info
upload_2019-10-21_7-9-22.jpeg

only thing useful in the 12” portrait monitor with tiny 3” images is......my ipad attaches to it and with the ATT wireless connection, i can get 5x the pertinent infoView attachment 174991

If Ford gives us support for full screen vertical CarPlay which is supported by IOS13, fixes the tiny backup/360 camera situation, and let’s us use the individual cameras and not just under 1.5mph, then it’ll be a useful feature and all will be worth it.

Until then it only serves as a conversation piece where everyone new in the car seriously asks, “did you permanently affix a tablet in your car?” and an annoyance on how some better software would fix a lot of problems and negative reviews of the vehicle.

I like the landscape screen. It uses up screen space very effectively and has a bigger camera screen. Big plus is that it looks awesome in the interior. It looks good when looking from outside to inside of your car.

I like the landscape screen. It uses up screen space very effectively and has a bigger camera screen. Big plus is that it looks awesome in the interior. It looks good when looking from outside to inside of your car.
I agree. It looks “normal” (by today’s standards) and the display is used efficiently.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back