16 inch Limited 2000 Ford Explorer Wheels on a 1995? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

16 inch Limited 2000 Ford Explorer Wheels on a 1995?

Hi everybody! Does anybody know if the 16-inch Limited cast aluminium wheels off the new 2000 Limited Explorer will work on my 1995 Limited Explorer? I know where I can buy them, I know that I have to get new tires, cause the ones I have now are 15 inch, just want to make sure the bolt pattern hasn't changed any since 95!

Thanks; look forward to reading replies!

21NEW.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm moving this topic to the TIRES / WHEELS forum.

To answer your question, yes they will fit. I have a set of 98-01 16" wheels on my 94.

Originally posted by Brett
I'm moving this topic to the TIRES / WHEELS forum.

To answer your question, yes they will fit. I have a set of 98-01 16" wheels on my 94.

LOL, sorry bout` all the confusion, no duh huh, I should of posted my thread here in the first place, sorry!

Anyway, just wondering if you could send or post the picture of your 1994 Explorer, wouldn't mind seeing those wheels!

Thanks, sorry for all the trouble!

=-)

Here's what it looks like. This picture was taken in Moab this past year.

View

Hey Brett,

What size tires are you running on the 16" wheels. Any problems with the front tires rubbing the rad arms at full lock. Did you have to use any spacers? Do you know the offset for those wheels?

Sorry so many questions- I was thinking about using those wheels on my 91.

Thanks

Steve,

The tires are 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S. I did not have any rubbing problems with the stock radius arms. However, after I went to the James Duff extended radius arms and dual shock setup, I rub at full lock. I'm not using spacers.

I'm not really sure what the offset of the wheel is. They are just stock Explorer / Ranger wheels from 98-01.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Back