Explorer Limited wheels on XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Limited wheels on XLS

Good evening!

I have been presented with the opportunity to purchase a new set of 16" Explorer Limited wheels with 245/70 16 tires. I currently have 15" wheels with 235/75 15's on my 2000 XLS 4x4.

My calculations show that the diameter of my 15" wheels/tires is 28.87 inches, while the diameter of the 16" wheels/tires would be 29.50 inches.

My questions are two-fold. Would the Limited wheels fit my 2000 XLS? I assume the bolt pattern, offset, etc. are the exact same. Secondly, what kind of speedometer and odometer changes would I be looking at if I bought and mounted the bigger wheels/tires? .63 inches is a fairly significant difference in diameter. Usually an upsize like this is only .2 inches difference. In that case, I can see where the changes in the instrumentation would be minimal. In my case, however, the speedometer may read significantly slower and the odometer may register incorrectly.

Has anyone had experience with this or care to provide any input? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Ryster

at 50 mph on the speedo you will really be travelling about 51.5 mph...@ 100 on the speedo=103 mph...

YOU WILL BE FINE

Back