1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

added a rear bump started working on the 9" going to end up doing Giant 64" leafs for now

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 263

Did you get up getting the engine set back in the firewall?

Oh damn lol. Hopefully soon. Wheeling season is just around the corner

This thread is giving me all kinds of ideas. What a sweet build.....late to this party....

Def going to steal the later gen air intake idea....

The LQ4 is a fine engine, so much so UPS runs these 6.0's in their fleets, among other commercial applications too. Strong and uber reliable.

I've been looking for a 2013-14 2500 GMC truck for a replacement for our work trk, just because of that engine and trans combo, and I'm not a GM dude by any means, but when something works, gotta give it credit. :dpchug:

I have mine set in place now, getting the trans packaged up tonight to send to my buddies to finish being built, i did most of the work but he is more into internal trans mods than i am so i am going to let him finish it while i work on the long list of other things
20200315_202844.jpg

Thinking about parting it out tired of waiting if I do part will be keeping engine

located in San Diego if anyone local is interested

Dang, hate to see that happen.

Yeah that sucks. I was hoping to see that thing running. I am close to getting mine started up

Don't part it out, finishing it will be totally worth the wait. Unfortunately building as well as maintaining these trucks takes a lot of patience. What are you waiting on?

Don't part it out, finishing it will be totally worth the wait. Unfortunately building as well as maintaining these trucks takes a lot of patience. What are you waiting on?
Will get sold after it’s done anyways lol why throw more money at it at this point

so i accidentally bought another lq4 6.0 and a ranger today 🤒🤦‍♂️

makes perfect sense
Cant find time for one project so pickup another!!
Please explain.................

Congrats on the ranger and 6.0!

makes perfect sense
Cant find time for one project so pickup another!!
Please explain.................

Congrats on the ranger and 6.0!

I always wanted a ranger (Since I had to sell my old one in attached pic ) but the explorer was a good deal to pass up lol

Attachments

• A86DC002-794B-46ED-A3BF-9E1C05E48321.jpeg
    A86DC002-794B-46ED-A3BF-9E1C05E48321.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 195

Yeah that sucks. I was hoping to see that thing running. I am close to getting mine started up
you still want the bezel for the gauges lol ?

vehicle was parted out if anyone is interested in gauge setup its up for grabs 700 shipped
All Autometer pro-comp gauges
speedo is GPS
will include temp sender and oil sender
located in San Diego

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 203
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 185
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 190
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 194

That gauge cluster looks really nice in the old school Explorer dash. I was always wondering if I swapped in a supercharged 3800 GM V6 (I have a 60* 700R4 that shares the same bell housing) what I would do about gauges to keep the original dash. Nice job. Too bad you parted it out though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So do you have a 91-94 Explorer transmission crossmember that is available and that you want to sell?

Back