1993 Ac Delete Kit Or Serpentine Belt? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Ac Delete Kit Or Serpentine Belt?

CHARLES MAJOR

Reaction score
City, State
RICHMOND, VIRGINIA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
I Have A 1993 Explorer With A Bad AC Compressor Clutch. The AC Does Not Work Anyway And I Do Not Wish To Repair It. Is There A Shorter Serpantine Belt That I Can Use To Bypass The Compressor Clutch? If Not, Do You Know Of A Kit That Eliminates The Compressor And Places A Pulley In Its Place So A Stock Serpantine Belt Will Work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What you could do - if the belt won't hit the ac compressor (i.e. rub) you could take a piece of string and route it with bypassing the compressor and then either measureing it to figure out what kind of belt you need or take to the local parts store and find belts that are close to that. I do not know of any "delete kits" though.

On a side note, you have an SUV which is "suppose" to have A/C in peoples eyes, but people now who build these $100,000+ race/muscle cars (old chevelles, mustangs) want all these big engines and stuff, yet still retrofit a a/c system on it. Horrible (just me venting, sorry)

Anyway, good luck! :thumbsup:

-Drew

Thanks for your quick reply. The old Explorer is about shot (over 300,000 mi) and I just wanted to do something cheap to get my son back on the road. The tranny is on the way out and the power steering pump is going soon. Just wanted to try and get a few more months out of it so as to save a little cash to get something else. Thanks Again

there is a belt for non a/c 4.0 explorers napa #25-060806 i belive is the part #

Yeah, just get the belt for non AC explorers. Any parts store should stock it.

Thanks for all the good info. I'll get to the parts store today

Do what I did..unplug the compressor.

Just pulled my compressor and plumbing, that parts number is definately great to have.

(Yes, I realize this thread is 2 years old.)

Back