1996 5.0 dipstick guide and air intake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 5.0 dipstick guide and air intake

Pahelo503

Reaction score
City, State
Hillsboro, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD
Been all over the yards in the area and can't for the life of me find any. Anyone happen to have a dipstick guide and stock air box and intake tube lying around that they wouldn't mind selling me? Noticed Ford no longer makes the guides, and all the universal ones I have seen so far just do not work.

Been all over the yards in the area and can't for the life of me find any. Anyone happen to have a dipstick guide and stock air box and intake tube lying around that they wouldn't mind selling me? Noticed Ford no longer makes the guides, and all the universal ones I have seen so far just do not work.

does this look like what you're looking for (dipstick tube)?
OEM NEW Engine Oil Level Dip Stick Tube 5.0L V8 92-96 F-Series F2TZ-6754-A | eBay

I don't see any used 5.0L air cleaners/intake air tubes on eBay right now.

does this look like what you're looking for (dipstick tube)?
OEM NEW Engine Oil Level Dip Stick Tube 5.0L V8 92-96 F-Series F2TZ-6754-A | eBay

I don't see any used 5.0L air cleaners/intake air tubes on eBay right now.

I have to go and double check my friend's 96, but I know that is not the part number. The bracket is different I believe. The part number is F67Z6754AA. I have only seen it on 1 site, and they want $165 for it. That's if they even have it at all since it says to call for availability. This is the closest I have found: 1998 Ford Explorer Mountaineer 5.0L V8 Engine Oil Level Dipstick & Tube OEM | eBay. Numbers are not exact, and it says it is not compatible.

Bump...
Still looking for the dipstick tube and stock air cylinder and intake tube.

Thanks...

Back