1996 V8 Explorer advise

Sailboatjoe

Reaction score
City, State
Ridgecrest, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford F150 FX4
1996 V8 Explorer

I've got a 1996 V8 Explorer minus the motor and transmition that is looking for a good home. Should I scrap it or part it out? I bought it for the motor and transmition. I needed them for another project.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got a 1996 V8 Explorer minus the motor and transmition that is looking for a good home. Should I scrap it or part it out? I bought it for the motor and transmition. I needed them for another project.

scrap is by weight, so w/out the engine and trans it wont be worth much. if you part it out it's going take a long time to make money off it and as it's a '96 i'm assuming the parts are in less than pristine condition. if you're prepared to have it around for quite a while, i supose you stand to make more money off of it in parts.

Good luck either way...

:salute:

What gears in the rear. ? if it is a 3:73 w/ limited slip you should get 300 or better for that. You might as well finnish parting it out without an engine thats about all you can do .

I think parting it out is the best way to go unless some one wants the title.

Thanks I'll pull some of the good parts off take pictures and box them up the rest will go to scrap i guess although the finders and other sheet metal is in good shape.

Thanks I'll pull some of the good parts off take pictures and box them up the rest will go to scrap i guess although the finders and other sheet metal is in good shape.

advertise them on craigslist with some pictures.

Thanks is Crags List better than eBay

Thanks is Crags List better than eBay

yes usually because its free, and local and dont have to deal with online payment which will take a small percentage of the sale.. whats your interior like? leather? color pattern?

What should I do if some one wants the title.

Im not sure how to tell what gears ar in it.

open up drivers door and look at sticker. should be an axle code somewhere. mine is d4 which is 3.73 limited slip. there is a decoder somewhere on this site but im too lazy to find it!

What should I do if some one wants the title.

assuming you have the title, sign it over to them. did you get a title when you bought it?

I have a title for it if any one wants it.

Just leave it on your front lawn...(with the hood up)

Back