Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
No. Alabama USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Blue Ex 4.0 SOHC
Callsign
KAGG 3611 (CB)
Recently on my white '97 I did a wiring repair on the RF crash sensor. I had to replace part of the wires and soldered and heat shrunk them as part of the repair. After this repair the SRS light went out. I did have the battery disconnected during this repair which is something that should always be done while servicing SRS/air bag hardware. I assume that it being undone flushed the code. This late morning when I got in the truck to go to town for a bit I noticed the SRS light flashing. It was 42. I drove 5 miles. Turned off the engine, looked at my repair notes from a few weeks ago and I hadn't written down the RF code. What is 42? I started the truck up to drive back home and the light never came back on.
:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone have a link to 1997 Explorer SRS codes?

hope this helps if you still need it
srs.PNG
srs2.PNG

Thanks. Interesting. Drivers side crash sensor mounting fault. Maybe the mounting screws are loose. I need to check it and make sure it is not flopping around. I would hate for it to go off because it thought it took a hit.

Back