1999 Explorer gearbox help | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Explorer gearbox help

just thought i'd pop by and see whats going on in the explorer world and i see something i can help with.

Personally i would do filter and oil and see before doing band adjustment. Whilst doing the filter check that all the VB bolts are tight!

I have for free an upgrade separator plate and gaskets for the valve body upgrade tsb. Also have a free solenoid bracket.

I'm in leicester

janolsson@hotmail.co.uk

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have available a new separator plate and gaskets for the tsb VB upgrade. Also have a new solenoid bracket available. I'm in leicester!.
I may have a few other random bits laying around also.

I would do the trans fluid and filter and see how it is before doing band adjustment. Whilst in there doing the filter check all VB bolts are tight!

just thought i'd pop by and see whats going on in the explorer world and i see something i can help with.

Personally i would do filter and oil and see before doing band adjustment. Whilst doing the filter check that all the VB bolts are tight!

I have for free an upgrade separator plate and gaskets for the valve body upgrade tsb. Also have a free solenoid bracket.

I'm in leicester

janolsson@hotmail.co.uk
Hey!

Super! I have the OEM filter and gasket coming from rock auto in a couple of days and the new 4x4 motor switch thing too.

The upgraded stuff would be absolutely amazing and I really appreciate it as shipping plus tax puts around 40% on most US sites atm. I will collect it in person when I’m up and happily running but I insist on payment. Be booze, cash or what ever.

Thank you very much for your help!

Dude, hello
Good to see at least one old face on here.
Hope you are well
Jan
Yeah, still here, my Explorer is a little different than when I got it. Hope we can all make it to a get together next year!

Si

If yours is a 99 you'll need a performance accessories PA883 kit. Summit racing sell it and they'll ship to UK

Si
Hey buddy,

I’ve gone for a generic 2” poly lift. In the Land Rover link I sent above. The PA kit currently runs at £250 delivered at the moment and this one is £50.

I had a look at my body bolts and they are super crusty. So I’m just going cut them all out as an air spanner will probably just be a way of removing the heads anyway, and this will save the middleman.

If these go in ok, I’ll re-upgrade at a later date again. As I’ve brought the OME rear leafs with AAL and it came to £500.

Mark

Cool. If you get chance, you should take pictures as you go and then do a write up on here to show other people what you've done.

Si

Cool. If you get chance, you should take pictures as you go and then do a write up on here to show other people what you've done.

Si
That’s a good idea - I’ll start a new thread starting with the body lift once that’s in as maybe helpful to someone with updated UK pricing and sourcing things.

Mark

Figured these were of 100% top quality as they have skulls with pistons crossbones, so I’ve brought them with no hesitations.

A1D0CA0B-50F3-46E7-B826-2B0569A560D7.jpeg

Hey!

Super! I have the OEM filter and gasket coming from rock auto in a couple of days and the new 4x4 motor switch thing too.

The upgraded stuff would be absolutely amazing and I really appreciate it as shipping plus tax puts around 40% on most US sites atm. I will collect it in person when I’m up and happily running but I insist on payment. Be booze, cash or what ever.

Thank you very much for your help!
Part numbers for the bits i have are;
Gasket 4 386 002 2L5P7D100BA
Gasket 4 386 000 2L5P7D100AA
Plate 4333472 1L5P7Z490HA
Bracket 4054015 XL2P7L491AJ

Might help with research. as I believe the TB needs some modification to use the updated plate but I cant remember what needs doing. There will be plenty of threads on it!

Edit
to get you started 5R55E - Stairway to a Diary (Companion Thread to the 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary)
and How to: - 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary

As for payment, a bag of haribo tangtastic will suffice.

Jan

Oh and on the lift kit.... Any reason you're doing a body lift rather than extended shackles and torsion bar turn?
I got 2" (closer to 2 1/2") on mine with those.

Oh and on the lift kit.... Any reason you're doing a body lift rather than extended shackles and torsion bar turn?
Hey Jan - the warrior shackles are planned to go in when the OME leafs appear. I’ve just brought the most impractical enormous impact wrench I could find and it needs something to do to qualify the purchase.

The TT looks as though as if it’s been done as there a very few threads left and front sits high - there have been modifications to front bumper in the past by a previous owner too.

The current body mounts are in good shape and sit at 1 1/4 inch so they maybe of been replaced too - unfortunately the hardware wasn’t by the looks of it. So body lift maybe just a refresh/exercise.

Mark

Part numbers for the bits i have are;
Gasket 4 386 002 2L5P7D100BA
Gasket 4 386 000 2L5P7D100AA
Plate 4333472 1L5P7Z490HA
Bracket 4054015 XL2P7L491AJ

Might help with research. as I believe the TB needs some modification to use the updated plate but I cant remember what needs doing. There will be plenty of threads on it!

Edit
to get you started 5R55E - Stairway to a Diary (Companion Thread to the 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary)
and How to: - 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary

As for payment, a bag of haribo tangtastic will suffice.

Jan
Tangfastic hey! Snack of kings! Let’s hope the UK supply chain hasn’t dried up for these too.

Those links are invaluable - and the part number more so - thank you so much internet stranger.

The filter and rockauto bits arrive this week and hope to carve out a morning with them. 😊😊

I’ve also brought new shocks for the rear and will address the fronts with new once the rear is sat in.

Mark

It sounded but like a machine gun and that’s what’s sold it for me personally.

45B011FA-D670-4314-9EA8-EDC742C749E2.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, which one of you guys put another cat in front of the pan?

Back