1999 Ford Explorer XLT - Strange Fuel Pump Issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Ford Explorer XLT - Strange Fuel Pump Issue

Nothing sucks worse then dropping the tank, replacing the pump and strainer only to find the truck is still doing the same thing.
Nobody here would ever do anything like that now would they? hehehehehe

I have an access panel, but did wrench all the way to the fuel pump once just to find out I was out of fuel... The fuel gauge was the problem. Hehehe

This in depth description of why it doesn’t work at startup but does while driving is so helpful. I’m having this exact issue and I wasn’t sure why it was doing this. Thank you!!
This in depth description of why it doesn’t work at startup but does while driving is so helpful. I’m having this exact issue and I wasn’t sure why it was doing this. Thank you!!
I ended up taking my car into the mechanic, as I did not have the tools or know how to manage this issue. A new fuel pump was installed, and he drop the tank and cleaned it for me. The inside of the fuel pump was completely deteriorated and had literally given up seconds before when I pulled up to the mechanic. I am thankful that he took the time to tell me what was going on and what to watch for in the future.

Back