1St Gen Audio Questions | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1St Gen Audio Questions

So after not having much luck finding a local audio place to tune my amp. I decided to just buy the smd dd1 and do it myself. I’m sure they would charge me a decent amount to do the job, so pay a little more and do it myself.

i want to again thank the members here for their advice! After tuning the system I can’t believe how good it sounds and how loud it is.
The HU put out zero distortion at all. At full volume. I was shocked. Members here mentioned output voltage of the head unit, which led to me buying a quality product instead of wasting my money on garbage.
the amp also put out almost zero distortion, just a slight bit on the rear channel.
again totally shocked. But yet again, members here steered me in the right direction as far as how to properly match up components and how to properly read the specs from the manufacturers, etc.
my system just does not clip. Volume goes to 35 and at 25 it starts to hurt my ears. But it is really clean and clear.
if I messed with the HU equalizer settings I might be able to squeeze a little more out of it, but it’s loud enough as it is! lol
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help.

Back