1st gens with two tone paint jobs? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st gens with two tone paint jobs?

Just saw a 4-door with black on the bottom and white on the top. Ugly as sin.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

overkill

thats exactly how i want my explorer to look like

that truck is my idol!

bump.

how many color combos are there? i seen a white top and tan bottom the other day and mine VVVV is gray bottom dark blue top

06-06-08_1642.jpg

Im 3 tone now.. lol
DSCF1055.jpg

mine is a metallic light blue on top, with a dark blue on bottom. ive seen 1 other explorer with the exact same paint, and another with the same paint, but flopped so the darker one was on top.

this is a really old pic when it was still stock. dont have any newer ones showing the color very well.

IMG_6690.jpg

Guess i will throw mine in the mix......

DCFC0078.jpg

Slight variation. This is an old pic of my '91

Attachments

• tan x.jpg
    tan x.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 10,431

my parts truck is a two tone, with the weird fliberglass flare/running board combo, not a bad looking rig if it were still driveable
3107527233_ab3c412397_b.jpg

you western guys are depressing me, so many nice looking 1st gens with no rust, that doesn't happen in ohio :(

The paint on that one looks good still, next to the roof. I'm kinda glad mine didn't come with that body molding lol, though it would be quite unique.

The paint on that one looks good still, next to the roof. I'm kinda glad mine didn't come with that body molding lol, though it would be quite unique.

You should see the other side though :eek:

3108357106_53eb55ba2d_b.jpg

That's why it's no longer road worthy :salute:

wow damn :( that is nasty. Its hard to look at another explorer that's almost entirely identical, all smashed up, and not cringe!

So far i only dinged my front right fender.

Here's my two tone, I see ones this colour all the time.

Carson

Attachments

• DSC00942.JPG
    DSC00942.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 8,091

yeah i have a 91 xlt thats blue on the bottem and white on top and blue on the inside

My 91 XLT is 2 Tone, Light Blue over Dark Blue. Owned it since new. Bought in Colorado. See lots of them around. Most with failing paint, mine included.

Here's one that you'll never see again....my custom two-tone, that me and my younger brother painted, sunburst metallic and Oxford white...looks better when it is washed compared to all the nasty road salt

ofanx1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didnt think there was another like mine.

I havent ever seen another explorer with the same paint as mine Until i got on this site. Its light blue on top with the white pinstripe and the dark blue on bottom. only difference than the one above in a previous pos is mines a 94.

Back