2 12" he2's

mhn3773

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
C.A
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 zuki
Hello i dont have an ex..i wanted one but then the fiscal side ruled out the cost....anyway...

i have 2 he2's they are the duel voice coil 200watt per voice coil 12 inch fosgates but i dont have an amp most the amps i see make the 200watts at 2ohms but with duel voice coils wouldnt i be running 4ohm load? then if u run a 4ohm load the power (rms) of the amp drops so then im not at the 200watt rms of the subs id be running like 175watts...i know thats close but i was just wondering if anyone knew of an amp that would match my subs to a T

the amp i was looking at was the fosgate 500s amplifier heres its stats i can get it off e-bay brand new for 149$ plus tax and all that..can anyone help i can go more on the price but id prefer to not spend a huge amount on the amp since i have to buy the cap and the wiring kit =) ty in advance

stereo or bridged mono output
Tri-Way capable
125 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
250 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms in bridged mode
requires 8-gauge power and ground leads ? wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
variable 50-210 Hz high-pass/low-pass crossover, 12 dB/ octave
TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs eliminate 80% of ground loop noise between the head unit and the amp
NOMAD advanced protection circuitry monitors temperature, voltage, current and impedance, and provides "intelligent" shut-down protection without limiting system performance
TRANS?ana circuit designs keep voltages low and signal paths simple in the pre-amp section, for minimum distortion and maximum musicality
MEHSA provides more efficient transfer of heat from MOSFET output devices to the heatsink for cooler operation
speaker- and preamp-level inputs
Punch Bass boosts bass up to 18 dB at 45 Hz (wired remote control included for fingertip control)
dimensions: 13-3/8"W (9-15/16" without endcaps) x 2-7/16"H x 9-7/8"D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no one knows :( dude im startin to get bumbed

the amp you are talking about wouldn't work b/c if you are doing one amp to both subs not only is it terribly underpowering them but you won't be at two ohms. you need to get like a mono block amp to each sub that puts out 400 to 600 watts continous. i have a pair of 15's and i'm sending 800 rms to each one at two ohms.

that amp would work fine- but you could give those subs a lot more power.

usually i don't recommend going over the power rating but these can definitely handle it and will sound great with it.

i have run a he2 12 in the past with the voice coils run in parellel down to 2 ohms off of a 500a2 rockford amp (just like that 500s)!!! tons of power there with no problems

and currently my brothers set up is an he2 12" run off of a mtx 342 amp at 2 ohms mono as well so its seeing more like 700 watts.

i would recommend getting a two channel amp capable of 400 watts by two at 2 ohms stereo or a mono amp capable of 800 watts into a 1 ohm load ---- both of those are on the safe side you could go with more if your feeling saucy.

saucy:) i love that word

Your subs:

Size: 12 inches
RMS Power Handling: 400 Watts
Peak Power Handling: 800 Watts
Frequency Response: 28-200 Hz
Sensitivity: 86 dB
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Sealed Box Volume 0.9-2.79 Cubic Feet
Ported Box Volume 1.75-4 Cubic Feet
Top Mount Depth 6-3/16"
Dual Voice Coil Design
Polyproylene Cone with Large Roll Treated Foam Surround

Notice where it says 4ohms. If you wanna hit the RMS on the dot or close to, get a 4 channel amp that puts out 200 watts per channel RMS at 4ohms.

Here are a few I can think of.
1: http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=C1000
2: http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=VIBE438

Both are good choices, just don't go over 400watts RMS.

but why spend more money or downgrade in amp quality so that you can power everything at 4 ohms?

the whole point of dual voice coil subs is so that they can be wired in different configuations like 2 ohms or with two of them 1 ohm.

get a mono amp if you want the best sound cheapest.

yes, don't get a 4 channel amp, they are made for speakers, not subs. either get one two channel or two mono blocks.

ok so can someone post some amps i can get i was looking at the 500s on e-bay its 149+the normal stuff so id like to stay around that on ebay like 250 on ebay max that means like 400 dollars at bestbuy i notice e bay wholesalers seem to be about half price usually....also can someone recomend an amp kit? or should i buy all the wires seperate?

Back