2 hoses on pcv valve? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 hoses on pcv valve?

...here's a couple pics , i hope this helps...sorry the one is blurry...:D

pcv001pg8.jpg

pcv002qb7.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its not driving - its at my buddys garage ---there already is a short 1/4 2 inch hose going from the manifold to the pcv--but right above that theres a nipple for a smaller hose---we cant find any trace of the line that goes there
on my 91 exploder there is short large vacuum line in an "L" shape on the lower nipple and a rubber cap on the upper nipple.throw a cap on and you're good to go:thumbsup:

...not a real good pic showing the pcv but the thick hose goes to it solely...if you look closely you can see the hose clip attached to the pcv...

...rickcdewitt, my Project X is a 91 sploder, trail rig and curb runner...:D...here's a link to it's latest pics on a local trail...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195079

...if i knew you were in newfoundland i would have taken my time, lol....j/k...welcome here and there is a ton of info to search thru, including schematics...i hope you get it running soon...:D

My opinion is that your truck has the wrong PCV on it...my truck's PCV has only a single port on it...which is connected with a short 90 degree tube into the intake manifold... and I can only find it at my Ford dealer. I am the original owner of the truck, and it came this way. Whenever I have tried to find one at a parts store, it always references a PCV with two ports.:)

My opinion is that your truck has the wrong PCV on it...my truck's PCV has only a single port on it...which is connected with a short 90 degree tube into the intake manifold... and I can only find it at my Ford dealer. I am the original owner of the truck, and it came this way. Whenever I have tried to find one at a parts store, it always references a PCV with two ports.:)

This post is funny, I came on here to research just this

BUt IT IS THE RIGHT PCV VALUE, ITS JUST THAT THE SECOND HOLE WHICH IS ON THE TOP, SHOULD BE COVERED, It comes with a little plastic piece that you still in the hole to cover it, if you dont have one on there then maybe you should buy a new pcv value if its close to replacing it anyway. Make sure its the right one and plug the top up!

Try buying the pcv for 2nd gen explorers... they are the single outlet ones that point straight up. I know the one that you are talking about with the 2 outlets... I bought one of them too without knowing, my problem was I couldn't get that damn hose to go on the pcv because its short and wierd angled or whatever... just a pain in the you know what to do it lol.

Don't let the plastic fool you!

I bought a PCV for my '94 that has the double-90 plastic attachment on it, but discovered that my engine has the single-straight, all-metal PCV in the valve cover. I removed the plastic double-90 attachment (broke it off, actually) and found that the new PCV (sans plastic) is the same as the old one. Works great!

Back