2000 4.0 OHV & Manual trans

Jefe

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4x4
I'm looking for someone with a 2000 4.0 OHV & manual transmission. I know they're very rare since I was looking for a manual when I was searching for my truck. If you have this combination could you post your 4 digit PCM computer code. With the 700R4 in, my CEL is always on which is annoying, and I know its going to become a problem when I need to get this thing SMOG'd in the next year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might want to try looking on a ranger board, It'd be much more likely for someone to have the correct computer code you're looking for. I'm 99% sure they didnt put 5spds behind the ohc until 2001 when they stopped producing the ohv motor.

Why not get a computer for a manual tranny and then not have to worry about the CEL?

I thought you were searching for a motor/tranny combo? I'm confused!!!! Ok, I get it. Any year '96 and up should work though.

Would a ranger computer work, or are the computers too different?

Oh stop Jefe! Just go get a 351 out of a early 90's bronco and be done with it! :D

Hmmmm..Thats not a bad idea :rolleyes:

Jefe said:
Yeah, that'll pass SMOG :rolleyes:

Picky...picky! :nono: What explorers came with a V8 :D

Hey last time you had yours smogged did they put it on the treadmill?

Or is this the first time?

They refused to put mine on because it was a 4x4, they though it mite be AWD or something. Not that I'm complaing!

Stic-o said:
Or is this the first time?

They refused to put mine on because it was a 4x4, they though it mite be AWD or something. Not that I'm complaing!
This will be the first time for me. Second for the truck I imagine.
Auto-4x4 on a dino would be bad. :nono:

IAmTodd said:
Any year '96 and up should work though.
I'm sure little changes in engine components isn't a big deal, but I know somewhere along the lines the MAF changed to a 6 pin connector, and in 2000 they went to a returnless fuel system. Just not sure how much that all affects the PCM. I could see a ranger box working though, so that widens my chances of actually finding one.

Here's what I've got with my own legwork:
99 / 2000 4.0 OHV:
Auto: XL2F-12A650-HD or HB
Manu: XL2F-12A650-KC or KB

I paid $100 shipped for a used one. We'll see how it works when it arrives.

Have you tried searching car-part.com for the computer itself? I'm pretty sure they give you a list of options (with codes) there for what you're looking for.

I threw in the new computer, and there were no KOEO codes, like i had with the automatic computer, BUT I just found a major problem with switching computers between 2000's. The PATS system. So it won't start. :rolleyes:

Anybody know how to disable the PATS system or know of a bypass that doesn't require a key?

Back