• Register Today It's free!

2000 blower motor high only

Joebob22

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
I replaced the blower motor resistor and the melted connector associated with the resistor. I also swapped the blower relay and still only have high. I next verified all of the associated fuses and now I am looking for some help in where to go next. Thanks.....

Blower Resistors. They're under the hood, on the passenger side, on the front of the blower housing. You'll need a new blower resistor and the pig-tail for it as the connector will likely be melted and/or severely corroded too. You'll also want to solder the new wires in place if you can and use some heat-shrink tubing to keep the moisture out.

I had some pictures.... not sure where they went, but they might be in the gallery in my signature.

-Joe

Thanks for the reply. I had already replaced the Blower resistors and the pig tail connector. Ford part number 4L5Z19A706AA (resistor) and 1U2Z14S411NA or Motorcraft part number WPT114 (connector repleacement kit). The problem was a burr on the inside of the connector which did not allow for the connector to click in completly. After checking the relay, wires and fuses a third time I decided to hook it all up again. that is when I discovered the problem. All is well with the blower motor at this time.

Thanks again for the assistance....

I don't know ho I missed that part LOL.... I should probably try waking up before answering questions....

Did you seal-up the connector this time? I siliconed it from the outside and glopped it full of dielectric grease on the inside just to be safe.

-Joe

Back