• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explore Sport

Country dad

Reaction score
City, State
Flroida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explore Sport
OK, so here is my question. I have a 2000 Ford Explore Sport. Vin X. V6 4.0 Manual Transmission.

When look for part no seems to have 2000 explore sport in there system, So when I get parts its always for the explore. I was told that ford didnt start making the ford explore sport till 2001. So how do I have a 2000 ford explore. And if you have one too, do you have to buy parts under explore?

Sport Not Sport Trac

the 2001 is the Sport Trac. Up until 2001 It was listed under ford Explorer. Certain parts are specific to the 2 door model (such as the power steering rack) but for most engine parts the standard parts work.

They made Sports before 2001. Some systems don't have Sports listed separately from the 4-doors. Most parts for the 4-doors will work for the Sports.

OK I have a 2 door. But its normal for me to buy parts for the explore. The reason I ask is that every time I go to a auto store they pull it up under explore and not the sport. Also I few guys here told me about rockauto.com. Im going to order all my parts from there, but I just wanna make sure I get the right ones.

Back