2000 ford heater will not work please help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 ford heater will not work please help

thomas carroll

Reaction score
City, State
chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
The heater in my 2000 Ford Explorer will not produce heat it will only produces cold air. I have seen some threads on here for 97 and 98 Fords and unsure if those threads can help. Some say I should replace the heater core or that it could be a clogged thermostat. When I start the car in the morning the hot/cold gauge and the battery gauge don't work until after I drive for about two miles. I am rather puzzled as what it could be any help to this situation would be very appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure that you probably have, but have you checked that your rad isn't low? Could also be that your heater core is blocked and needs to be flushed out...seen that twice at work this week.

There is no power to the Air Blend Actuator but the fuse looks ok.

Hello! Okay your issue is likely the blend door and or bled door actuator. Lets start here:
Does your explorer have the manual or electronic HVAC controls?

It has 240 thousand miles on it and I have decided to sell it. Do you Know anyone that would want it. The body is in perfect condition.

Back