2000 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0 V8 AWD need lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0 V8 AWD need lift

Look for a lift kit for a similar vehicle such as a 98-99 4x4 ranger.

Sent from my LGL15G using Forum Runner

Mountaineers are exactly the same as explorers, just with different grille/headlights and taillights/rear bumper and more options as standard.

The cheap and easy way to do it is to do a 3" body lift. There's pro's and cons' but if the vehicle isn't going to do hardcore off roading or towing a lot then it's the best way to go. True suspension lifts for the 95-01 explorers are rare in general but search for those and they should work for your mountaineer.

I've been looking in to lifting my explorer, as mentioned, suspension lifts are practically non existent. We have 2 options and both are very expensive. Super lift and trail master if I remember correctly, I think the trail master was discontinued though, but still available some places online.

The 4 inch suspension lift is like $1600, and you need new custom CV shafts, those were another $500 or so. The site I was pricing this out on didn't specify if it was a matching set, or per axle, but I assumed a set.

My explorer is fairly rusty so no way I was going to throw $2100 at it for a lift.

Back