• Register Today It's free!

2000 oem radio?

herebyproxy

Reaction score
City, State
Luthersville, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Anyone know where I can get a 2000 Explorer OEM radio to replace the silly add-on radio that came with this truck? I don't want the one with the cassette deck....just the cd player....

You can find them on eBay or junkyards, but to be honest...it's not worth it to spend $100 on a 11 yr old Ford piece of junk when pretty much ANY aftermarket unit will sound/look/be better. Plus it will have additional technology like blue tooth, mp3, ipod hook up, etc.

You can find them on eBay or junkyards, but to be honest...it's not worth it to spend $100 on a 11 yr old Ford piece of junk when pretty much ANY aftermarket unit will sound/look/be better. Plus it will have additional technology like blue tooth, mp3, ipod hook up, etc.

It's aslo a good posibilty the harness has been hacked. I don't know if your 2000 had the external amp. If it it did it had to be bypassed which could open another can of worms.

To the best of my knowledge you don't HAVE to bypass the external amp, it just sounds better. My '03 mustang has 2 external amps, and while I've been meaning to get around to bypassing them, the radio works without bypassing...the sound quality is just sub-par

Back