2000 xlt - droppin' like its hot, which of course it is, cauz summer is almost here. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 xlt - droppin' like its hot, which of course it is, cauz summer is almost here.

guilliefresh

Reaction score
City, State
brooklyn,New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
Hey what up! I have an xlt explorer and wanted to drop it. Whats the cheapest way without ruining the comfort of the ride that i can make this happen?

assuming your axles are under the spring do a flip kit if not then put a block between the leaf and the axle for the rear and for the front i am using i beams but you i beleive have torsion bars? not sure. crank the bars down for about a 2-3 in drop up fron.any lower and you start needing alignment kits along with the new springs(or suffer severe camber issues)

Discussion extracted from JTSmith's "Question about going lower" - i hope you like the title.

And I suggest you read the thread JT is refering to in that thread cauz it covers this question.

all you have to do is add lowering blocks and crank the torsion bars down. you can also add drop shocks for a better ride as well.

Back