Different before and after, actually after and before | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Different before and after, actually after and before

Did not have any pictures of it before the wreck, but I have some of it after!! But in this case I will call them pictures BEFORE it got fixed. This is what happens when you buy a new Mustang, and then drive it over a guard rail five months later.

pass_side_wreck.jpg

front_wreck.jpg

drivers_side_wreck.jpg

And these are the pictures AFTER it got fixed :D

front_better.jpg

drivers_fixed.jpg

back_better.jpg

The Story:
Bought the car March 7, turned around and gave it to my buddy, who is a paint & body Genius, three days later to have the stripes painted on it. Then I had it lowered and a new exhaust and all that good stuff installed over the next couple months. On August 25th, I was going down the highway heading home from class, hit the on ramp to the bypass and whilst going around the ramp, at the very top of the curve I hit the gas which barked the tires, the rear end swung out from beneath me and shot me through the median where I was able to get the front end pointing towards the guard rail, well the back of it anyways, whereupon I hit the post the rail is supported by and launched the car up and over and into the emergency lane on the highway I was merging onto. Stunned does not even begin to convey the feelings at that point. Needless to say I was fine, my car found itself in the care of my buddys shop for two months and insurance paid for some new goodies, and half of some others :D

Then 3 weeks after getting it back, not accustomed to the lower stance afforded by the new front end, I hit a curb and back to the shop it went to get the bumper repainted. And last week I hit another curb, so guess where my car is now!! :(

Sounds like you're too used to driving the explorer!!

If i ever had a car that low I would tear it to shreads. I have never owned a car, only Explorers. Everytime I drive my girlfriend's civic (stock height, no body kit) i manage to scrape a parking stump or curb because I'm so used to just rolling up till the tires hit!

At least you've got a buddy with a shop. I'm sure it's not free, but I'm sure it helps!

CougarX said:
Sounds like you're too used to driving the explorer!!

MAN you aren't kidding. I go from roughly 3 feet of clearance to literally 4 inches. And of course every time I drive it, that is the time I am going to be careful :eek: And I am incredibly greatful for having someone I know and trust with a shop. We graduated in the same class, and he is insanely obsessive compulsive about his work. Plus its only him and his brother that run the shop, if that tells you anything about how picky he is.

dude, after all that, u may want to be a little more careful of how heavy ur foot is. Nicer car though. :D

Oh I keep my foot in check. However, that was not so much the case as was my misunderstanding of the power of an 8 cylinder engine :p

Back