2002-2003 Front Bumper Cover Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002-2003 Front Bumper Cover Question

I have a 4 door 2003 XLS and I saw that the front bumpers on the XLT and higher trim models were different. Can I fit a 2002-2003 XLT or higher bumper on an XLS? I saw a XLT bumper brand new for sale and wanted to fit the fog lights on there as well. If any one knows I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I am willing to bet that it would fit just fine. I know this isn't your question but I have seen people with a XLS that painted the entire front bumper and it looked even better than a XLT front bumper. If I were you I would just paint the front bumper, and the door handles and other unpainted parts and it will look better than a XLT. Check out my 02 XLT!

Cool, thanks for the reply. I checked your explorer. Very nice, I like it. Where did you get the chrome grill? I want to get a grill for mine. Was it hard to install? Also, do you have any XLS pics with all of the gray body panels painted so that the whole car was one color. My other concern, was fog lights. What fog lights would I be able to use with the xls bumper? I saw that there were two oval slots at the bottom of the bumper, I am wondering if those are used for fog lights.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I checked your explorer. Very nice, I like it. Where did you get the chrome grill? I want to get a grill for mine. Was it hard to install? Also, do you have any XLS pics with all of the gray body panels painted so that the whole car was one color. My other concern, was fog lights. What fog lights would I be able to use with the xls bumper? I saw that there were two oval slots at the bottom of the bumper, I am wondering if those are used for fog lights.

I have a 4 door 2003 XLS and I saw that the front bumpers on the XLT and higher trim models were different. Can I fit a 2002-2003 XLT or higher bumper on an XLS? I saw a XLT bumper brand new for sale and wanted to fit the fog lights on there as well. If any one knows I would appreciate it. Thanks!
were you ever able to fit the fog lights into the xls bumper??

Back