2002 EB Explorer No Power

cnsolutions

Reaction score
City, State
Harrisville, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer
Hello Everyone,

I have searched but I have not found any other threads to answer my problem so if this is duplicated somewhere please direct me to it and delete this.

I have a 2002 EB Explorer with a 4.0 in it a few weeks ago my dad was driving it he shut it off to fill it up with gas when he went to restart it there was no power when the key is turned on. The dome lights, headlight and locks work but no dash, fuel pump, shift lock, windows, key fob or anything else. It is like the key is not turned on. The theft light on the dash blinks at the same rate with the key in or out. This is not my first or only Ford I have done major work including complete restores and total drivetrains but i'm puzzled.

Please any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jim Schmidt

Theft Light is a pats/skif thing (I don't know what ford calls it) I had a similar deal with my jeep where the skif wire in the ignition got a lil mucked up and it would just sit there and derp instead of start, i fixed it by putting the key in the door and locking and unlocking it twice... don't know if this works with fords?

Back