2002 ford truck question- can anyone help? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 ford truck question- can anyone help?

Without hearing what is sounds like.. I would check the Intake Air Control Valve.
My '03 F-150 sounded like a duck at times, Changed out the IACV and problem solved.

I've never seen a transverse engine vehicle with a fan clutch. All had electric.
@TechGuru
I did not imply it had a fan clutch, OP asked about failed fan clutches, but you're right, I've never seen one on a transverse engine either. Might be a nice design challenge, though, figuring out what to mount it on, and why! imp

@TechGuru
I did not imply it had a fan clutch, OP asked about failed fan clutches, but you're right, I've never seen one on a transverse engine either. Might be a nice design challenge, though, figuring out what to mount it on, and why! imp

Actually the design already exists. Some motor-coach's have a transverse radiator/fan on the side of the rear. They have a belt go off the crank to a box at the side that has two pullies at 90 deg angles from each other then there is another belt from the 90 degree pulley to the fan.

Back