2003 Explorer possible theft attempt, anyone shed some light?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer possible theft attempt, anyone shed some light??

4FordFamily

Been there done that
Reaction score
City, State
Fishers, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 Sport, 08, other ford
Ok, about 1:00 AM last night my car alarm went off. I looked out the window and saw nothing. I unlocked my vehicle and locked it again to clear the code. (I have a remote pager that pages me).

About an hour later just for giggles I made sure the truck was still locked. My battery was dead. I tried to unlock lock etc.

I went to the truck and jumped it with my POS ranger. I had a baseball bat the whole time just in case. I decided I probably just left a door ajar or a dome light on. And thought nothing of it.

So this morning my friend who lives in the same complex called me and said his car was broken in to, and he always locks it. He said there's no evidence of forceful entry.

Are these guys really good? what's going on? Anyone have an idea what I should do? What did these folks do to get in my car to drain my battery? Doubt this was a chance happening...

I don't want my stuff jacked I will kill someone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup they're that good, my alarm didn't go off either, and they stole ~500 worth of stuff (amp, sub, tools, etc).
My battery was OK tho, but no idea what they did in order to open the doors and not trigger the alarm.

Well I just bumped the truck up to full-coverage; I'm not messin' around anymore. Time to camp out.

basicaly you can drive around broadcasting remote signals untill cars unlock. I dont know exactly how it works, but early cars using wireless key fobs are very open to this form of attack, basic idea, if you dont want it stolen, dont leave it in your vehicle, if you HAVE to leave it in the vehicle, bolt it down.

Maybe thats how they stole my subs and Les Paul. Or maybe I forgot to lock the door:scratch:

I guess it's smith and wesson.

Back