2003 Ranger Edge Maintenance Recommendations for 40K miles? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ranger Edge Maintenance Recommendations for 40K miles?

EasyRhino

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Kailua, Hawai'i
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited 4.6L 4x4
Could use the Ranger owner big brains on this one.

I am on the Explorer side of this site, but my son owns a 2003 Ranger Edge at 40K miles. He lives several thousand miles from us or I would take care of his maintenance for him (I wrench, he does not).

What needs doing/checking on a Ranger of this age/miles? Additionally, he is getting ready to deploy overseas for several months and will put his Ranger in storage, if that makes a difference.

Vehicle Specs: All original, Goodyear tires (has 7/32 tread left 3K ago), original battery, original brake pads (at 5mm front, no visible wear rear), no repairs ever. It has the V6. but I do not recall which one (3L, 4L?).

Thanks for your guys input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...A couple questions for you so all can better answer your questions...:D

...Where is the vehicle located??? ...Storing a vehicle by the ocean, in the desert, the mountains may require different techniques...

...When you say "will be stored", will it be stored at a storage facility???...Some facility's require quick disconnects on the batteries, spare sets of keys, copy's of registrations, and may also require other safety items for storage...

...And as for the maintenance items, will these items be adressed before, after, or while the vehicle is in storage???..This may require some searching...:scratch:

Additionally, it is a 3.0L V6 with auto tranny.

The truck is going in for storage in a climate controlled facility which will unhook the battery, and start the vehicle weekly, so that is taken care of. This is the easy part and has been done with this truck before.

What I am asking for is a list of routine maintenance items to do and check at the 40K mile point, and prior to placing in storage.

Thanks

thx

Back