2003 Sport Trac Thermostat Housing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport Trac Thermostat Housing

Joseph Tilghman

Reaction score
City, State
Huntersville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac 2w Drive
I replaced my thermostat housing today and had the parts for a while waiting for the weather to cool down some. Got my parts from Rock Auto, they were a perfect replacement the housing parts were packaged in Ford boxes. And way cheaper than a dealer I ordered them on a Saturday and got them on Monday evening.

It was easier going back in than coming out the temp sensors were a bit of a pain no clearance under the intake manifold. I got the left one out and was able to lift the front of the housing and **** it back and lift it out.

The write up with picture I got from this site was a great help the tip of tying a piece of strings to the sensor clips so they don't get dropped and lost was a good tip and you will need a swivel 8mm socket to remove the lower portion of the housing the back bolt is way back there.

Good luck if your trying this.:thumbsup:

Glad it went so well. Although I hope I don't need to change mine, if I do I know where to come for experienced help. LOL !!

It was only seeping, but I do have one problem, I tightened down too much on the drain plug and rung it partially off and I need to figure out how to back it out and get a new one in it's not leaking but I don't want to wait to long.

Back