2004 AZ Run Photos | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 AZ Run Photos

That looks like it was fun...
I really wish I could have been there, but I had the tranny apart until late Saturday night.. But I got it fixed. Now I'm really jonesing for some wheeling..

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great Pic:
DSCF3205.jpg

What a weekend. . .

Friday was great. Raw Deal was MUCH easier, and more fun than it would have been last year. :thumbsup: We also walked Terminator (Kevin didn't want us to strap him through the entire trail :p ) and Anaconda :eek: I decided that I'd have to care A LOT less about my sheetmetal to THINK about trying something like that.

Saturday, just when the trail started to get interesting my truck decided to find its weak link. I had planned to plate the frame after Jason had the problem with his ripping out, but never got around to it. :banghead: The inner weld was not very good. . .and I had welded that up twice (weld cracked the first time). The weld on the outside was great, seeing as it bent and cracked the frame before it gave way. I still can't beleive it sheared all three grade 8 bolts. :eek: Thanks a bunch to Rick and Kevin for helping getting it back together and off the trail. :chug: Sorry we didn't get to finish the trail, it looked like a blast. Next time :bounce:

Sunday. . . I'll pass on doing that trail again :nono: There were at least 4 times I thought I was gonna :roll: It was a matter of finding the 'best' line through the wash-outs, taking it slow until the Rig felt Extremely tippy and/or started sliding sidways, and then gunning it. 'Course the last one was an optional climb, where I took a line that looked good but hard, and kept working it till i was heading up the hill sideways and couldn't get it going straight again. I ended up punching it until I made it up. Hindsight is I shoulda just asked for a strap from the top to straighten me up.

EDIT: and on loading the trailer Sunday we noticed that one of the tires was missing a good 10" of tread. So we drove home the 'scenic' route, avoiding the freeway, and then I got to wait 3 hrs for Uhaul service to show up and replace the tire before we could get on our way. Ended up getting home around 3:30 am, and here I am at work. . .wide awake :eek:

I think i got a whole 5 or 8 pics this weekend, all from Friday :rolleyes: If anybody has pics they want to post, figure out how to get them to me and I'll throw them on my site with mine.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I guess It's back to drawing board right Jefe? :rolleyes:

Nice pic.... ;) But why does there seem to always be a burned out car on the trail! :confused:

SANY0001.jpg

Now we're starting to trailer out?

:nono: Cheater! :p

How deep was that Focus into the trail? Somebody must have stolen it.... :rolleyes:

Crankcase said:
How deep was that Focus into the trail? Somebody must have stolen it.... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately people steal cars for joy riding, people destroy their own cars for insurance etc. Then they dump them in the desert. It's then our duty as conscientious fourwheelers to crush the cars into oblivion :D

Jefe said:
Great Pic:

Sunday. . . I'll pass on doing that trail again :nono: There were at least 4 times I thought I was gonna :roll: It was a matter of finding the 'best' line through the wash-outs, taking it slow until the Rig felt Extremely tippy and/or started sliding sidways, and then gunning it. 'Course the last one was an optional climb, where I took a line that looked good but hard, and kept working it till i was heading up the hill sideways and couldn't get it going straight again. I ended up punching it until I made it up. Hindsight is I shoulda just asked for a strap from the top to straighten me up.
[/QUOTE]

that trail is always a blast, there are alot of places that you could easily roll if you get careless. I usally like running that for a relaxing milder trail, or testing a new mod on your rig where your not quite sure how its going to perform.

terminator is among my favrotes now that my bronco is setup for it, I remember last year I heard about a fullsize stock bronco running the trail, just couldnt imagine the difficulty and body damage it must have had. there are spots I rely on my rock sliders to get through some obsticals such as the Z-turn.

I'll have to fab up some sliders and definately make my way out there next year. Looks like too much damn fun!!

Back