2005 Ford Explorer Starts and Shuts Off Immediately | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Ford Explorer Starts and Shuts Off Immediately

reagansmash

Reaction score
I was driving my Ford Explorer 2005 when it suddenly started losing power, like the engine was about to die. I edged over and the engine shut off. I started it back up and it moved a few yards and died again. Eventually, the engine would cut off moments after I started it up. The battery ended up dying so I had to jump start it with another car, but it would keep on shutting off immediately after it started. I can't get the battery to hold a charge anymore. "Check Gauge" light came on as well as the "Oil Pressure Low" light and the battery light. Any Ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did the wrench light come on prior to stalling out or did it sound like it ran out of fuel.

It started slowing down and losing power and then the "low oil pressure light" switched on followed by the battery light.

Could it be the alternator? It still shuts off even though it was being jumped by another car...but the fact that the battery can't hold a charge makes me wonder.

Could it be the alternator? It still shuts off even though it was being jumped by another car...but the fact that the battery can't hold a charge makes me wonder.

did it stall when you removed the cables or just stalled regardless if they were still attached or not.

they were still attached when it stalled

not an alternator then.
my best guess is throttle body and a wrench light, or you lost fuel pressure and the fuel pump is leaking down.

Back