2006 ford explorer cranks but wont start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 ford explorer cranks but wont start

ford24

Reaction score
City, State
nassau
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006,ford explorer,xlt
I change the crank sensor and cam sensor coil power pack and still nothing i also test the fuel pump and it still works but nothing....I put it on a computer test and nothing showed up on the computer test. i was driving one day and it just shut out on me.....'' Can somebody give me some advice am from the bahamas..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a long shot but if the computer thinks the throttle is wide open it will just turnover so if it gets flooded out you can purge the system so the tps could be bad, if you have a real time scanner check the %..... wouldn't explain how it shut off while running though...

have you removed a plug and checked if it is getting spark.....

a long shot but if the computer thinks the throttle is wide open it will just turnover so if it gets flooded out you can purge the system so the tps could be bad, if you have a real time scanner check the %..... wouldn't explain how it shut off while running though...

have you removed a plug and checked if it is getting spark.....
am getting no spark and i already change the coil pack

if you are also getting no fuel then it sounds like a pcm or sensor issue
well this morning I got it to start come to find out it was just a broken wire harness it was grounding out the coil so it didn't get fire now its running like it misfiring so am thinking its the plugs or wires needs to change

Back