2006 Ford Explorer Limited Navigation issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Explorer Limited Navigation issue

Deadman31

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
Hello all. New here. Just bought a used 2006 Ford Explorer Limited. It has navigation but unfortunately it didnt have the CD. Dealer told me hed get it for me but he didnt and he told me I could find one fairly easily and cheap on EBAY. I really dont know exactly what I am looking for. Can someone point me in right direction?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

was it part of your contract when you bought the vehicle that the dealer would get you a new radio?

$500 for a used factory radio is steep. You might as well just get a quality aftermarket stereo at that point.

No it was more of a verbal thing. The radio works fine, I just need the cd for navigation

If you are looking for the nav disc, its actually a dvd not a cd.

Check ebay for a13P navigation dvd.

I did actually get the DVD from car dealer but damned if I can figure this out. I put the nav DVD in CD player per instructions but it doesn't recognize it. Any advice?

It doesn't go in the cd slot, there is a special dvd tray that it loads into.

You can download an owners manual on pdf. All the instructions are there.

Google 2006 ford explorer owners manual.

Oops, my bad, the info is located in the Navigation System Manual.

Do this:
- press menu button.
- press system info. (top right of screen)
- press access navigation dvd. (lower right of screen)
- screen will change, select OPEN button.
- display will open, insert your dvd (printed side up) and the tray will auto install.
- if dvd is valid, it will install the software and restart the system.

Back