• Register Today It's free!

2006 Mountaineer Running Boards

gtosteve65

Reaction score
City, State
long island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mountaineer
Hey everyone, so for a winter project I am attempting to repair the power running boards for my mountaineer. I didn't just lube everything (because that didn't help), I have completely torn the motor/transmission off of the brackets. At this point, I'm disassembling the transmission (which is a pile of rust) and I was wondering if anyone has done this much to them. If anyone has a way for me to get the motor disconnected (the nylon bolt is about to strip) or to get the gears out (hammering and getting nowhere) I would love to know. Or if you have the motors for sale, I may buy them from you. Let me know! Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have heard of people reconditioning things before they get to that point. But I don't remember seen any posts/threads about rebuilding like this.

Mine are still functioning, and I intend to recondition them this spring/summer. But if they ever get to the point that they stop working, I will be replacing them with fixed boards.

Sadly, I don't have the money to replace them. Its like 1200 per side I'm seeing.

$1200 per side...for fixed running boards?

As of now yes. That is because my search for used ones has been unsuccessful. So the new ones on ebay are 1200.

Back