Power running board went out

GVSS

Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville. FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
Hello All,

I have a 2007 Mountaineer with around 33,000 miles on it and the passenger side motorized running board failed to return up today. Has anyone else had this problem and know of any possible solutions?

I can hear the motor trying to move up and down when I open and close the door, but the runing board doesn't move.

I'm sure if i take it to the dealer it will cost a fortune to fix and the car just recently went out of warranty.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

GVSS

Dirt and rust gets into the hinged area. Clean out the hinged area of the boards and then lubricate them and keep them clean and lubricated and you should be fine.

One of mine was sticking and I could hear the motor trying to return it. Dealer lubricated it and it has been fine since. That was about a year ago.

I am sure he cleaned out any junk as well.

I just purchased an 07' limited last week (23k miles). I didn't want the PRB's because I figured they would be a maintenance issue... sure enough, already the passenger side power boards are sticking and not retracting.

This is under B-B warranty for a few more months so maybe I'll check and see if it is covered.

Back