2007 door ajar issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 door ajar issue

SAAC MK1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007, Explorer Limited
I have a '07 Limited and the door ajar chime/warning light etc. activates when the steering wheel is turned. It says that the drivers rear door is ajar but it is not. It started intermittently in the morning after a cool night. It would go off once or twice and then stop. Now it goes off constantly every time you turn the steering wheel wether the car is moving or not. I have already replaced the door ajar sensor/switch in the door as well as jumping the sensor all together with no results. Any advice will be greatly appreciated since it is driving me crazy!!!!

Basically the same thing happens with my truck, only it only happens when the passenger door is opened. The dome and ajar light turn off after a few minutes when it does it, but it'd still be nice to know what is going on with our trucks.

Interesting that no one has yet mentioned anything about a possible short caused by a chafed wire. I'm not sure whether these wires run through the trim moulding or under the carpet, but it sounds like some are under constant stress. If not the wires, then perhaps a faulty module that controls the sensors.

Back