2007 Explorer Driver's Side Lumbar support fix | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Driver's Side Lumbar support fix

beauboy

Reaction score
City, State
Summerville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
My 2007 Explorer Limited lumbar support does not work (electrical). When I use the switch, I hear the compressor hum, but there is no movement of the seat back.

I have the leather seats. I've seen a lot of threads on here about fixing the mechanism, but none that describe how to remove the back of the leather seat. Mine looks like its all sewn together. Any ideas how to access the inside of the seat without using a seam ripper? I bought the truck used and it wasn't working when I bought it.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

See 2007 Interior Restoration

The seat back cover clips together at the bottom. Unhook it and peel it back toward the top to expose the lumbar mechanism.

Note that you will have to remove at least 3 hog rings holding the seat cover to the seat, use cable ties when you put it back together.

There is no compresser for the lumbar mechanism, it is an electric motor that pulls a cable. The bracket holding the motor to the seat frame breaks, you can fix this with cable ties.

Back