2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer Overheating | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer Overheating

The upper and lower hoses having same temperatures really annoying me. Today I took several readings with infrared gun some readings show same temperature while sometimes lower hose having less temperature like 212 F for lower hose and 225 F for upper hose.

I will try what you said.

Today I installed new fabricated radiator 4 rows (double the size of stock radiator) all Aluminum but nothing changed.

Have you tried the "idle RPM increase" experiment yet? Let us know.

There is one oil cooler inside the grille and I think that is for transmission but I will try as you said. I will fix transmission pipes in old radiator which I removed recently (by laying it on the ground underneath vehicle) and will update you.

If there is only one inside the grill on the passenger side, that is the AC condenser and not a transmission oil cooler. Since you say there was no change with the new radiator pull the thermostat if you haven't and see if the temps are lower. With that many rows it should make a significant difference.
Also, RJ has a good point that I have overlooked in what the same temperature at the inlet and outlet radiator hoses indicate and whether or not the electro-viscous fan is working properly.

Is ur PCM has been updated to GCC specs? It is a bad idea to install an electric fan right next to the fan clutch which may interfere with its rotation since it is controlled by the pcm. You could have installed an auxillary fan for the condenser to minimize the stress of the AC compressor at same time pushing air towards the radiator.

Back