2007 XLT wiring and stereo questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 XLT wiring and stereo questions

USMCBuckWild

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Camp LeJeune, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
Hello all.

2007 XLT 4.6/6speed with unknown stereo. Bought the truck with an eclipse stereo already in it, so I have no idea about the rest of the system. Do all 2007 explorers have a stock sub? Can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere. Anyway, I am having random wiring issues. The HVAC lights sometimes dim out, sometimes are bright. Same with the instrument cluster lights. The passenger rear tail light and the drivers side license plate light all do the same thing. Most of the time work, sometimes don't. Here is no pattern as to which lights work and which don't at any time.

Any assistance of guidance would be appreciated.

the sub does not come with all explorers... I have a 2007 xlt with the basic sound system and I dont have the sub or amps... so this is a plus if you are planning on adding a sound system .... as for your electrical problems they should have nothing to do with the radio.... only thing that could cause this is the illumination dim wire might be grounding out.... it should be an orange wire coming out of your head unit, I dont know the color of the ford harness

I pulled the radio out and didn't see anything hanging loose. I will pull back out and reassess.

Thanks for the heads up!

Back