2008 mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 mountaineer

younca

Reaction score
I already posted this once but it was under the new member thread. I have a 2008 mountaineer. Some water came out of the drivers side vent in the floorboard. I took it by the dealership but they couldn't find anything wrong with it. The water had to have come from somewhere. Does anyone had any idea where it could have come from? from the condenser? heater core? should I be concerned?

Another thing that happened is that I got my oil changed the other day and they noticed that there wasn't any anti-freeze in the overflow. they filled it up, but it seems a car with 24000 miles wouldn't have a problem like that. I bought it used so there might be an underlying reason on why there wasn't anti-freeze in the overflow. It doesn't heat up on me or anything, so I don't think there is any reason for major concern. Please correct me if I should be concerned about this

how much water?
if its only a little bit, and it nvr happens again, dont sweat it.

dont worry about the overflow, just keep an eye on it yourself, if it seems like its dropping consistently, pressure test the system and find the leak.
but if it gets low one time its usually not a big deal, the overflow is there for a reason you know, to accept and return, unnecessary/needed coolant, as the coolant pressure expands and retracts with heat.

Back