Before & Kinda After | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before & Kinda After

Here is my before and somewhat after pics. Still waiting on my 3" bl, intake, flowmaster 40, remove pinstripe & repaint. And I am sure a billion more mods due to too many ideas from this site!!!

BEFORE:

100_5107.jpg

SOMEWHAT AFTER right side:

33srightside.jpg

LEFT SIDE:

33sleftside.jpg

My truck does not look like this now but soon will (pic is a little photoshop help from froader blacking out the pinstripe and chrome trim) Thanks Colin you da man!!!!!
Jiga whaaaaaa!

froaderphotoshop.jpg

Input welcomed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice and Black! :)

how did u fit 33s with no bl??? musta done alot of trimmin!!!

looks reall good thou!!

No Bl

how did u fit 33s with no bl??? musta done alot of trimmin!!!

looks reall good thou!!

No there is not a bl installed yet. Just TT and shackles. I just threw on the wheels and tires for the hell of it to see how it looks. Can barley turn the wheel. If I was to drive it like that I would have to do A ton of trimming. I will be putting the BL on sometime next week.

looks real good

ya it looks really good, i like the black with black rims

Well it took me close to 20 hours, But the body lift is on. Anything that could go wrong did but I made it work. I still need to get the bumpers done, Gap guards, And trim the tailpipe. Ill do all of that next weekend, I need a break!!
Here she is:

LEFT SIDE:
LIFTEDLEFT.jpg

RIGHT SIDE:
LIFTEDRIGHT.jpg

Oh yeah, I added a little decal to my rig. A little tough to see in the pic. But here it is:

DECAL:
DECAL.jpg

FRONT BUMPER PAINTED AND INSTALLED (still needs to be shimmed)
spare.jpg

body lift install = PITA
looks great!

body lift install = PITA
looks great!

Thanks
A pita x 10
most of my body mount bolts were so rusted that no amount of heat or lube would get them out. So in the end, They snapped and I had to drill them out. The steering extension was too small to fit over the steering shaft so I had to grind it down. I could go on for hours. But its done. 20 hours of pure bliss!!! LOL
Next, raise the rear bumper, Flowmaster, KKM, Custom front bumper, Winch, Light bar, Wait a second here. This is never going to end is it?

haha, nice. Ya theres a little dimple on the steering shaft that needs to be grinded down. Radiator mounts that need to be pushed up out of the way. Fan shroud that needs to be dc before doing the body lift etc etc. The shake is normal with unbalanced tires above 60. After i got mine balanced it was smooth as butter.

haha, nice. Ya theres a little dimple on the steering shaft that needs to be grinded down. Radiator mounts that need to be pushed up out of the way. Fan shroud that needs to be dc before doing the body lift etc etc. The shake is normal with unbalanced tires above 60. After i got mine balanced it was smooth as butter.

It was actually not just the dimple but the whole shaft had to be grinded down on all 4 sides. Was a pain in the ass to get down there with a grinder. As for the fan shroud, I didnt have to take it off to get my bl on although it was a tight squeeze. I will be getting the tires balanced tomorrow.
Thanks

JIGA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good.. sucks about the problems with the body lift

Back