2008 sport track WICKED VIBRATE RUMMBLE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 sport track WICKED VIBRATE RUMMBLE

Jojo65

Reaction score
City, State
Tenn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer sport track
My SPORT TRACK LIMITED
V8 4.7 4x4
I had a vibration going up hill like driving over rumble strip on the side only on a load
I changed out ; Front Spindel bearing assembly L&R , break Calipers and Lines L&R , Rumbling still there ****!!!!!
Jacked all up off the ground went from back to front ! BINGO!!!!
I found it !
A Drive Shaft Center Support ( carrier bearing)
This is what sucks Nobody caries it!!!!!
You have too order it off line EBAY
LOOK UP PART NUMBER
7A2Z4A499A $177.95
If you can find it cheaper elsewhere get it Quick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I Google'd part number 7A2Z4A499A and the first result was Taska.
  • List Price:$182.23
  • You Save:$55.40 (30% off)
  • Sale Price:$126.83
I chatted with a live agent and they have 3 in stock. Shipping for my ZIP would be $11.

Experiencing the same issue. The dealership has the entire rear shaft on back order. The referenced part 7A2Z4A499A is said not to fit my 2007 EST limited w/automatic 4WD. See my thread " Sounds like a rumble strip". Still looking for suggestions.

The truck that had the rumble strip feeling that I fixed already had the upgraded rear shaft. Have you tried servicing your transmission yet?

No, scheduling conflicts have been an issue. I do think that’s worth a shot particularly with no evidence the filter was replaced when the trans was serviced. Appears they only replaced the fluid. I want slide under the truck to see what the tech identified as cause to replace the shaft beyond a hunch.

The carrier bearings commonly have play and if your looking for a vibration you'd think it is it. Low throttle, 6th gear at speeds 40-45 is when the truck I fixed did the rumble strips. You could downshift and it would disappear.

The carrier bearings commonly have play and if your looking for a vibration you'd think it is it. Low throttle, 6th gear at speeds 40-45 is when the truck I fixed did the rumble strips. You could downshift and it would disappear.
True. At any other speed, it returns to a lesser degree, usually between 1000 and 1500 rpm.
I crawled underneath for a look; the rubber in the center bearing support is broken all the way around.

Well, the dealership put me off until May 29th for a rear driveshaft replacement. The Ford part is on National Backorder. I checked a number of Ford Parts sources before I ordered, received and replaced mine with a Dorman 936-896 in less than a week. That done, I still have the same pulsating vibration.
I had low expectations this was the fix, but the center carrier bearing boot was gone which may have magnified the way my real issue presented itself. Still looking for a solution.

I've been away and so have not done much to address the issue. However, the more I search, I'm more I am determined to point to a plug or coil issue. I had a national auto parts store run the codes, and like the Ford dealership, they found no codes. There has been no Check Engine light, at least with this occurrence. My repair history describes a Check Engine light only once in the 80+ miles I've put on.
I purchased the last four coils at that parts store, a BWD product E508, pricey at $32 ea. Once home I put a meter on each new coil every way there was to read anything. Then one at a time, I pulled each old coil and did the same. They look just like the new coils by every measure; so I cleaned them up a little, dabbed each with a little jell and reinstalled just as they came out. I didn't eliminate the shutter, but I did reduce it. Noteworthy, the lower portion of the boot in, every case, was clean and appeared in good condition.
I made some assumptions, from a comparison of my repair history and what I took to be "Batch" identifier on the old coils. There is a pattern. The coil and plug on CYL 8 was replaced at 82.4K, 04/2014 (coil batch 3B045215). Likewise for CYL 4 at 106.8K, 03/2015 (coil batch 4B336309). All eight plugs were changed at 96.3K, 03/2014 with no coils replaced so the batch code on 6 remaining coils is 6C1854. Original equipment, maybe?
Questions: There has been no suggestion of difficulty in removing the plugs from my 4.6L 3V. Since all 8 plugs have been replaced within the last 27K, should I be timid about removing the plugs myself? And the roll and application of the dielectric jell; one YOUTUBER says, "keep it away from the contacts, it's an insulator," while another swipes dollop across the end of the spring and boot. What's up?

Back