• Register Today It's free!

2010 Toyota 4Runner

alexk

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just read an article in Fourwheeler about the new 4 Runner. While Ford is taking the Explorer and turning it into a station wagon, Toyota has taken their 4 Runner which, over the years lost it's offroad ability and has turned it into a REAL fourwheeler capable of tackling the Rubicon in stock trim...

The new 4 wheeler has all sorts of trick new stuff including a "cruise control" for the rocks...

Sure wish Ford had taken the advice of members of this website when they sent teams of engineers with us on three separate occasions to find out what WE wanted in a new Explorer. Unfortunately the Ford bean counters won out over the Ford engineers and we're stuck with an Explorer built on a Taurus platform. Wonderful...

Score two offroad worthy SUVs for Toyota and zero for Ford.:banghead:

If I'm not mistaken the FJ is about to the end of its life and from what was in fourwheeler there are no plans for a redesign.

Sure wish Ford had taken the advice of members of this website when they sent teams of engineers with us on three separate occasions to find out what WE wanted in a new Explorer. Unfortunately the Ford bean counters won out over the Ford engineers and we're stuck with an Explorer built on a Taurus platform. Wonderful...

Score two offroad worthy SUVs for Toyota and zero for Ford.:banghead:

Which got me thinking...what the differance between the 2011 Explorer and the Edge? Same motor, milage, capacity, but the Ex will have a 3rd row.:rolleyes: Don't get it.

YUCK. That think looks hideous! WTF is Toyota thinking with their vehicles now? The Tundra is the ugliest vehicle ever made. For that matter all the Japs seem to be making ugly cars. :thumbdwn:

I know it made the Rubicon, but not necessarily stock trim. They had MTR's on them an they didn't clear the Rubicon gracefully. There was a decent amount of body damage and undercarriage damage.

I do respect them for making the journey, but I would say it was the most spectacular thing ever.

Back