2011 Ford Fiesta. Ya'll got thoughts, I know it... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ford Fiesta. Ya'll got thoughts, I know it...

bamnq6

Reaction score
City, State
Ridgecrest, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 V8 4WD
So, I'm looking at the 2011 Ford Fiesta as a secondary (primary?) vehicle for my fiance and myself.

My biggest inner debate in Manual vs. Auto. Good golly I'd love to have an stick-shift, but if seems dumbish to go with a 5 speed whilst a 6 speed is available. The 5 speed stick is rated at 28/37 and the 6 speed auto is rated at 29/38. Additionally, the stick is $1000 cheaper... and did i mention it has the 3rd pedal???

We're definately leaning heavily on Obnixous Lime Hatchback SE, with Sport appearance (the only way to get cruise control) and Sync.

Any thoughts on the vehicle? Anyone else go for a test drive?

It drove nicely, we were in LA, so there we no chances to sqirt the lil guy up to any reasonable speeds... I'm not a huge fan of the high "belt-line" feeling, but it seems to be the new trend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never drove one, I got all the cars I need, but I've looked at a few and they seem to be nice. The fuel economy is tremendously good on those! I would say go for a manual, but doesn't the auto have a manual-auto type shifting mode?

The Auto is one of the new Twin Clutch whatchamajibbers, but there is no auto-manual shifting mode and no paddles. The only options are D and L.

Massive oversight on Ford's part in my humble opinion....

My apologies on that. I must be thinking of a different car.

I manual shifting auto is no substitute for the third pedal and in my opinion just a slap in the face.

Go for the manual, no substitute. We need more manual vehicles. If you know how to drive a manual I don't think you should have any problem besting the mileage of the automatic even if it is rated as better.

You also might want to consider looking at a 2010 Focus. Ford is offering good incentives right now for buying them so they can clear the lots for the 2011 models. The Focus is quite a bit larger than the Fiesta, gets great mileage, and is a decent little car. We have an '08 Focus and it's been a great car. Fairly fun to drive (if you keep the rpm's up :) ) and very reliable.

Back