2012 Explorer XLT vs 2012 4Runner | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Explorer XLT vs 2012 4Runner

The fact that ford did not take the buyout, readjusted their business model, basically turned themselves around, they earned the right for me to consider them.

You might want to research some more into the facts.

Luckily, Ford had just restructured their debt with a well-timed bank loan before all financial hell broke loose on the auto industry in 2008-09.

Forbes article on Bailout cash - There’s an old saying: “People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.” That goes for people who work in the Glass House, too — the local nickname for the headquarters of Ford Motor just outside Detroit.

Also, there is Fact-Check as well which has some details on the money everyone forgot that the US Taxpayers gave to Ford

Somewhat reminds me of the luck that fell on SouthWest Airlines when they had signed a multi-year jet-fuel contract when the price of jet fuel was low. When the price of fuel see-sawed all over the map during the past 8 years, SouthWest was unaffected and able to keep their ticket prices low and to not charge bag fees! (I wonder how long that will last, now that, that low priced fuel contract is running out and prices are once again at an all-time high). Southwest will someday soon, against their own best interest, have to come up with some fees to charge customers.

BTW, Sweet Looking 4-Runner!!! Looks like it's ready for a little mud!

We now own a 2012Explorer 4WD. We are contemplating a 2012 SR5 4Runner 4WD. Both vehicles have their pros and cons. The EX rides very smoothly. It is also comfortable. It has some glitches with the software on MFT. The third row access is acceptable. The 4Runner is definitely more capable off road and in rougher terrains. It is also comfortable. The third row access is not very good. The fuel economies are very close to each other. The other thing I can only guess at is the future resale value. The 4Runner historically has much better resale value than the once over produced Explorer. I would like to hear some opinions from members. Thanks in advance.

Joe

Congrats on the 4Runner.

So, did you trade in the Explorer, or just add the 4Runner to the fleet?

Back