2013 explorer grinding coming from front wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 explorer grinding coming from front wheel

Jerry Carter

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford explorer xlt
Hello. On my explorer on the drivers front there is a grinding and popping that actually keeps the car from moving while going forward but there is no noise at all when in reverse. Can someone tell me when i have the drivers side front tire of the ground is there a way to spin the tire so i can try to find the problem. I have the tire of and everything feels tight including the bearings. Thanks for your help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What kind of shape is that brake pad in? Is it possible it is grabbing? Does it prevent you from driving forward at all or does it eventually release?

Peter

Brakes are brand new and I've double checked them. It keeps it from going forward everytime it pops

If you have the wheel off and can turn the rotor, get your head in there and listen and see if you can identify the location.

How "brand new" are the brakes? Did the issue start when the new brakes were instslled?

Can't turn the front wheels at all even with it in nuetral. I have the drivers side wheel of the ground

Back