2013 Explorer Limited Climate Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Limited Climate Control

SteelPride

Reaction score
City, State
Rosemount
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I bought my 2013 Explorer Limited back in March. I believe its not working properly. I will try and describe the issue the best I can. Lets say that my current temp in my car is set on LO. If I want it to be warmer say around 75 degrees, it still is blowing cold air. If my current temp is set to HI and I want it to get colder say around 69 degrees, it still is blowing hot air. If I start at LO and what it warmer I basically have to turn it up to HI. If I start at HI and want it colder I have to turn it down to LO. There is no in between temps. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
What is the ambient (outside) temperature reading on the screen?

Peter

First, make sure you've touched the "Auto" button and that the "Auto" light is illuminated.
Second, what happens when you just put it on Auto 70 and leave it there?
Third, just as an FYI, the rear HVAC is not controlled by the auto climate control, so make sure that your rear HVAC is manually set where you want it to be and that that isn't screwing around with things. (For me that's usually full cold, fan 1 or 2)

Just waiting for a reply to my post to see if possibly the ambient air sensor isn't working which in turn could affect the temperature settings.

Peter

Back