2013 Explorer Sport

Jakee

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
Well, I had my local dealer locate a 2013 explorer sport. The car will be here tomorrow morning, should be on it's way now. I still have a 2001 STS turbo charged sport sitting in the driveway, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. Will see if the new one can compete. Looking forward to seeing it for the first time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I had my local dealer locate a 2013 explorer sport. The car will be here tomorrow morning, should be on it's way now. I still have a 2001 STS turbo charged sport sitting in the driveway, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. Will see if the new one can compete. Looking forward to seeing it for the first time.
Hi Jakee. Welcome to the 5th generation Explorer Forum. :wavey:
I hope that the Sport is all that you want it to be. Don't forget to post a picture when you get it. :thumbsup:

Peter

Sport Front.jpg

Sport Rear.jpg

So far so good. I'm impressed and happy with this one.

Very nice car. ENjoy it in good health. Welcome to the boards.

Good looking ride... Well I may be partial, we have the same one.

It's a head turner for sure. I've had several people come up and ask about it, several more just staring at it with ahh. My wife had a guy in a newer camaro honk and give the thumbs up.

It's not as fast as my 01 sport but it is much more fun to drive!

Looks great Jakee!:burnout:

I also had a '01 and now a '13 :) I think we may have joined around the same time.

Edit: no, I joined in 2003.

Oh my GOD! The freakin all black Explorer Sport looks so damn sexy! Looks way better than the Grand Cherokee all black SRT-8! Sweet looking ride!

Okay, It's been a few weeks and I'm still in love with this ride. Not one complaint other than someone in a white vehicle (white paint left on my black explorer) decided to tattoo my X with their door. It’s probably best I didn’t see this happen as I might be in the county jail about now..LOL

No real damage done, the tiniest little door ding you ever saw, not noticeable unless your challenged to find it. It shouldn't be too much to get out and the paint didn’t chip.

I'm VERY late to the party, but congrats on the ride Jakee! What are you thoughts now that you've driven it longer? MPG?

Back