Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
Picked up a new toy today. A red Ford Focus ST.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice:burnout:

I took one for a test ride when it first came out. Decided not to buy anything just yet. My only problem with the ST was that the Recaros were just too narrow to fit me comfortably. My shoulders were getting squished.

Torrie at www.fastpartsnetwork.com has already tuned an ST.

Ah, so it can be done already. It's my new commuter car since the wife wouldn't let me get the Rouch Mustang or Raptor they had on the lot.

I would like to know what you get for gas mileage "real world"... So I'll wait a bit to see what it is after you're done flooring it from every stop light :D

Kevin, I saw you post elsewhere some huge HP and TQ numbers, is that for real?? What size is the engine, still a 4 banger? I know nothing about this car...

Kevin's probably out carving up the roads :D

Engine & Performance
Base engine size: 2.0 L
Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
Cylinders: inline 4
Valves: 16
Valve timing: Variable
Direct injection
Torque: 270 ft-lbs. @ 2500 rpm
Horsepower: 252 hp @ 5500 rpm
Base engine type: gas

Of course its red

Attachments

• IMG_20130622_154609.jpg
    IMG_20130622_154609.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_20130622_170756.jpg
    IMG_20130622_170756.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 302

Kevin's probably out carving up the roads :D

Engine & Performance
Base engine size: 2.0 L
Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
Cylinders: inline 4
Valves: 16
Valve timing: Variable
Direct injection
Torque: 270 ft-lbs. @ 2500 rpm
Horsepower: 252 hp @ 5500 rpm
Base engine type: gas

And its very easy to bump those numbers up to over 300 with a couple of bolt ons and a reflash. Only complaint I have so far is the throw in the shifter, but that will be taken care of with http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/steeda-focus-st-short-throw-shifter/

Amazing numbers from a stock 4 cyl!!!

Of course its red

You . . .

SUCK ! !

Personally I prefer the "Tangerine Scream", but I'm just a Ginger who has no soul. . .

Great upgrade.

Paul
'91 Sport

They had a tangerine scream one there too, but after seeing that it was another $800 for that paint I figured if I ever had to get a scratch fixed it would be way more expensive.

They had a tangerine scream one there too, but after seeing that it was another $800 for that paint I figured if I ever had to get a scratch fixed it would be way more expensive.

Good idea, there's a good chance I'll probably back into it some day. . . seems to be a trend with me lately . . .

I looked at one in "Performance Blue" a few weeks ago - - that color didn't do it for me (and in addition to the B3 have a "True Blue" Mustang, so it's not like I don't like blue vehicles), haven't seen the red.

Just wish Ford would reconsider the Fiesta ST due out and offer the 2 door option (right now just available in Europe).

Paul

So after commuting in it for two weeks, which is about 1/2 city and 1/2 highway for about 55 miles round trip each day, the average mpg was between 26 and 27.

Today, I took a long road trip and reset the average mpg once I got on the highway. Average speed was 75 for 1/3rd of the trip and 65 for the other 2/3rds. Average mpg peaked out at 32 but at the end, it was 31.2mpg.

Good gas mileage for a fun car:burnout:

Has someone already figured out tunes for these cars? I read a while ago that they couldn't be hacked into yet. The Ecoboost is a fun little motor.

We have a 2013 Fusion with the 1.6 Ecoboost and see around 26 mpg in the city here in Wichita. In Colorado that was around 19-21 mpg due to the higher altitude.

I don't know about the 1.6 ecoboost, but I know of at least 3 tunes for the 2.0 ecoboost so far.

That is the ST I would get. I have a 02 ZTS now.

Back