2013 Ford Explorer 200 Plug In Play Remote Start Key Fob not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer 200 Plug In Play Remote Start Key Fob not working

KJR77

Reaction score
City, State
Kearneysville, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi all, a few questions -
My Vehicle Info: 2013 Ford Explorer XLT with the 200 Series Plug-N-Play Remote Start system that I had installed at the dealership in January 2013. I have two keys plus the remote start FOB.

My Remote Start Key FOB has stopped working and the button is worn out (yes I've replaced the batteries several times). The button no longer works and is worn out. Unless I take the actual cover off the FOB, then I can get the button to work but of course, this is not an option for me and probably not something I should do.

I want to purchase a new FOB but I'm unsure of which one to buy. The dealership told me it would cost $95 plus programming charges to order it from them. So I'd like to find out about the following:
1. Can I purchase a new FOB that I don't have to have the extra FOB in addition to my keys? Like an all in one FOB with the remote start button on my actual key?
2. Am I able to purchase something that would allow me to remote start from a mobile app?
3. Is this something that I would be able to program myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter. I realized it has been 4 plus years since I posted however I didn't have any problems until now. I did try the search function and was confused on all of the different posts which is why I posted a new thread with specific questions to my vehicle and remote start.

Thank you for the link however I'm still confused and still need help.

Still looking for help.

#1 - Yes but it wont be long range
#2 - Yes - thats the remote access kit.
#3 - Remote Access Kit - No the dealer has to set it up. Some places that sell it will do it over the phone with you after you install it. For the IKT (thats question #1) as long as its cut and your vehicle still has room left for new keys and you have two existing keys you can add it yourself.

Back